Right before the New Year, I declared that 2019 will be THE year for Sotela. It will be the year of big leaps for this company because I believe it can and will happen. We launched Sotela 2.5 years ago with zero experience in the fashion industry, a Kickstarter campaign, and a very passionate belief in designing clothing for women that will always fit her changing body.
2018 was an amazing year of growth for us. I think last year’s purpose was to show me that I’m capable of doing anything I want to do. Going into 2018, I was weary how much I could accomplish with a baby. I worried I would be too tired or creatively stifled. Fortunately, the opposite happened. Yes, I was tired, but motherhood sent me into beast mode. ** Side note: I didn’t have a full night’s sleep until Olivia turned 1!** I still accomplished everything I wanted to last year with the same drive and passion as when I started in 2016.
Last year, we launched two collections with just 1 dressmaker, hired two contractors for pattern-making and pattern grading, redesigned the brand and website all while surviving the first year of parenthood. It’s hard knowing where you are going and how to get there if you don’t take the time to appreciate how far you’ve come, right?
So, here I am appreciating how far Sotela (and I) have come to tell you where we will go this coming year. *I’m telling you my goals to help keep me accountable*
- Move our Sotela HQ out of my house and into a studio- Yes, I’ve been working from home the past 2.5 years and it’s chaotic. We have a three bedroom home and the smallest room has been dedicated to Sotela, but we’ve outgrown the space. Sotela is spilling into every corner of my house!
- FINALLY expand our sizing (Update coming to you later this month)
- Pay myself a salary- This obviously depends on sales, but I plan on selling enough to pay myself!
- Participate in at least 5 in-person events – I know it can be hard shopping online, which is why I want to start attending more pop-ups and shows. I’m also looking at events outside of LA too.
- Expand our blog content- Oh hey, YouTube 😉
- Pay for marketing- Yes, I’m joining the world of ads. Wish us luck!
These are our immediate goals for 2019, but you can imagine there are more. Thank you for allowing us to serve you every single day.