I always get asked by friends and family, “what should I wear?” Even though it usually depends on the occasion and location, my ‘nice’ go to outfits involve a skirt or dress with heels. If it is a more casual event, those that are outside, wedges are totally appropriate.
Bridal showers tend to be those in between parties where it isn’t formal, but not that casual. I tried wearing wedges with this outfit, but it didn’t look right so I put my most comfortable nude heels from Sole Society.
I wore this fun and pretty outfit last weekend for my soon to be sister-in-law’s bridal shower. I literally took these pictures at the party (talk about no shame!). I chose this outfit because 1) It was almost spring and couldn’t wait to wear my floral print skirt and 2) it is feminine and happy. I almost wore this skirt with a striped t-shirt because you know my love for floral and stripes, but I resisted since a t-shirt is too casual for a bridal shower.
Here are some tips for what to wear to a bridal shower:
- If it is spring or summer, wear any bright or printed dress. Warmer weather calls for fun and colorful patterns.
- Make sure your dress or skirt is about knee length. Bridal showers tend have games and you don’t want to be uncomfortable with a short dress. Plus there will be family around!
- If you wear a skirt, pair it with a blouse. Skirts can be a tad more casual than a dress so I always default to anything other than a t-shirt.
- I’m a big believer in heels and wedges for special occasions. If heels aren’t really your thing, wear nice flats.
- Don’t wear a white dress! The bride may want to wear a white dress for her shower and you don’t want to steal her spotlight. Let her be the one who stands out.
***By the way, I bought this skirt from J. Crew Factory before the pledge I made to not buy clothes at fast fashion stores.