Recently, I’ve had a style epiphany. I realized that every time I go through some life-changing event, my style evolves. You may think it’s totally obvious, but I wasn’t expecting it this year. I honestly thought my style was solidified until I tried repeating my favorite outfits from last year. Not only is my body different, but also my taste. I’ve gone from loving oversized sweaters and leggings, to tapered trousers with tucked in shirts.
If there is one thing I learned through blogging these past 4 years is that style is fluid. You can be sure that if you are changing, so is your style. So, if you find yourself in that stage in life, it’s okay. The first thing you may want to do is shop, shop, and shop. I know that’s how I felt when I got pregnant and had Olivia. But before you go on a shopping spree, take a step back and identify your new style.
You may ask, “duh, but how do I do that?” Well, a closet challenge may be the fastest and easiest way to identify your new style. Lee Vosburgh of the Stylebee hosts a 10×10 clothing challenge almost every season. Essentially, you choose 10 items to wear for 10 days and you create outfit magic. I love that it’s only 10 days long because there’s enough time to see what outfits you lean towards and short enough that you won’t feel completely restricted.
This is my first time doing a closet challenge and I’m eager to see where it takes me. My hope with this challenge is to identify my new go-to outfits.
You can expect a lot of Sotela outfits since most of my pieces are from the Live Collection! I mean what better way to show its versatility than to wear the same 10 pieces for 10 days. So, my friends, that was a long-winded way of telling you that I joined Stylebee’s Winter 10×10 challenge. I was eager to join this time around because like I said, my style is changing and I would like to identify my new outfit go-tos.
- Stella Jumpsuit – If I had to choose a favorite piece from the collection, it would have to be this jumpsuit. It makes me feel so elegant and beautiful.
- Ryan Trouser in Marsh – I only included the Marsh trouser because I also included the black Lena pant and didn’t want two black pants! I love wearing the Marsh color with my striped shirts.
- Lena Pant– It’s like wearing sweatpants when I wear the Lena pant. So so comfortable. I’d probably wear it to sleep if I could.
- Heather Dress- I wish I could do more with this dress, but since I’m breast-feeding, I can’t layer. My outfits with this dress will be pretty straightforward, but that’s okay! Still comfortable and totally worth it.
- Everlane Linen Button Down (similar)- I bought this shirt after having Olivia because I thought I needed to wear shirts with buttons to breastfeed. Obviously you don’t, but I panicked after having her. So now I want to take this shirt for a spin and see how I can wear it on a regular basis.
- Everlane Cashmere Sweater– I finally have a sweater in my size! My favorite sweaters I wore last year were from my husband’s closet. Bought this sweater on Poshmark 🙂
- Everlane Striped tee– I think I should call this challenge the Sotela and Everlane show, ha!
- Everlane Pima Long Sleeve – Yes, I know. I like Everlane tops.
9. Vionic Booties– I’ve had really bad plantar fasciitis in the past and could only wear shoes with special inserts. I have a couple of Vionic shoes. No, not ethically made, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.
10. Nisolo Oxfords– I’m really excited about these. I haven’t bought regular (aka non-orthopedic) shoes in a while and these were my first purchase. They look great with skinny jeans and tapered pants.
I’ll post all of my outfits once the challenge is over!
Are you guys doing the winter 10×10 challenge? I’d love to know and see your outfits if you are sharing them on social media!